FINANCIAL COACH- ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Effectively provide one-on-one financial counseling/coaching to CWF clients, supporting clients to develop realistic spending, savings, and debt management plans, improve or build credit, develop emergency savings, and build assets.
- Will build strategic partnerships with financial institutions to offer clients meaningful financial products and services to assist clients in achieving their financial goals.
- Will develop and facilitate financial workshops to improve the client’s knowledge and understanding of key financial topics; to include, but not limited to: budgeting, savings, banking products, credit building, and identity theft.
- Routinely review client data to ensure benchmarks and targets are met.
- Work as a member of a cross-functional team providing services to families enrolled in the CWF pipeline, sharing information, participating in team meetings, and helping to track and report progress and outcomes related to the CWF initiative.
- Continue to review best practices and stay up to date on financial industry practices. Work in partnership with other team members to develop research-based programs and services that ensure ongoing clients and program success.
- Experience with the workforce development system a plus.
Components of the program include the following:
Enrollment and assessment (Meeting with YES Program Case Manager
Job readiness (Advancing Your Career Workshop)
Retention (Rewards for staying employed)
High School Equivalency completion (ABE/HSE classes or similar programs)
Advanced training and certifications (Forklift cert, CDL training, CNA training, etc.)
Post-secondary education placement
Through the YES program, many of our young people have been placed in educational programs or have found desirable employment. Many of them have also earned a diploma or vocational skills certification.
Coupled with the pre-release activities is the Post-release phase. In the Post-release phase the client receives wrap-around services designed to aid in the transition from incarceration to stability in the community. These services include job search assistance, transportation assistance and assistance with finding housing.
In summary the employment coach:
- helps clients access programs that will allow them to earn a certificate in a field that offers stable employment and advancement
- helps clients access resources that can help with career progression
- helps clients build a professional resume
- help clients prepare for interviewing with the help of mock interviews
- secures powerful working relationships with potential second chance employers
- helps clients find better careers
- helps clients create the possibility of a positive work/career environment
- helps clients become comfortable with the task of securing employment via one-on-one coaching